DATE: 24-02-2024 | 15:00 - 16:00 CEST
MINIMUM VIABLE COMMUNITY
This workshop will empower you in building thriving communities grounded in meaningful connections and shared objectives. Instead of letting technology dictate the course, learn to wield it as a tool. Learn about a minimum viable community and lay a sturdy groundwork that defines your community's essence and values. Through active participation, you'll acquire tangible strategies and hands-on techniques to foster a community that truly engages its members and fulfills its mission. Participants will be required to complete a community canvas, ensuring a structured approach to community building.
Key Learnings and Takeaways:
- Establishing a solid foundation: Define your community's identity and purpose with clarity.
- Understanding the symbiotic relationship: Explore how technology can serve as a tool to enhance, rather than dominate, community interactions.
- Practical strategies for engagement: Learn actionable techniques to nurture meaningful connections and foster participation within your community.
- Leveraging the community canvas: Utilize a structured framework to guide your community-building efforts and ensure comprehensive planning.
- Creating an inclusive environment: Gain insights on fostering diversity and inclusivity within your community to maximize its impact and resonance.
- Whether you're kickstarting a new music community or nurturing an established one, this workshop equips you with practical insights and resources to cultivate an inclusive and dynamic environment.
Workshop given by
Maarten Walraven operates at the intersection of music, technology, communities, and education. There are many different hats, from Co-CEO at Symphony.live to co-creator of the experiment in scene building, Wild Awake and from teaching at the University of Utrecht to being co-project lead for the Water & Music academy.